Lighting design and solutions to meet today’s illumination demands.
Luce Max, Inc.
Architectural lighting design is a field within architecture, interior design and electrical engineering that is concerned with the design of lighting systems, including natural light, electric light, or both, to serve human needs.
The design process takes account of:
- the kind of human activity for which lighting is to be provided.
- the amount of light required.
- the color of the light as it may affect the views of particular objects and the environment as a whole.
- the distribution of light within the space to be lighted, whether indoor or outdoor.
- the effect of the lightened system itself on the user.
Lighting designers are often specialists who must understand the physics of light production and distribution, the physiology and psychology of light perception by humans, the anatomy of the human eye, and the response of the rods and cones to light.